Ar·tic·u·late v. i. [imp. & p. p. Articulated p. pr. & vb. n. Articulating ].
1. To utter articulate sounds; to utter the elementary sounds of a language; to enunciate; to speak distinctly.
2. To treat or make terms. [Obs.]
3. To join or be connected by articulation.
1. United by, or provided with, articulations; jointed; as, an articulated skeleton.
2. Produced, as a letter, syllable, or word, by the organs of speech; pronounced.
adj 1: consisting of segments held together by joints [syn: articulate]
2: pronounced distinctly and clearly; "her words were well