Re·sound v. i. [imp. & p. p. Resounded; p. pr. & vb. n. Resounding.]
1. To sound loudly; as, his voice resounded far.
2. To be filled with sound; to ring; as, the woods resound with song.
3. To be echoed; to be sent back, as sound. “Common fame . . . resounds back to them again.”
4. To be mentioned much and loudly.
5. To echo or reverberate; to be resonant; as, the earth resounded with his praise.
adj : characterized by reverberation; "a resonant voice"; "hear
the rolling thunder" [syn: resonant, resonating, reverberating,