高級( 的 ) SR
1. More advanced than another in age; prior in age; elder; hence, more advanced in dignity, rank, or office; superior; as, senior member; senior counsel.
2. Belonging to the final year of the regular course in American colleges, or in professional schools.
1. A person who is older than another; one more advanced in life.
2. One older in office, or whose entrance upon office was anterior to that of another; one prior in grade.
3. An aged person; an older.
Each village senior paused to scan,
And speak the lovely caravan. --Emerson.
4. One in the fourth or final year of his collegiate course at an American college; -- originally called senior sophister; also, one in the last year of the course at a professional schools or at a seminary.
adj 1: older; higher in rank; longer in length of tenure or
service; "senior officer" [ant: junior]
2: used of the fourth and final year in United States high
school or college; "the senior prom" [syn: senior(a), fourth-year]
3: advanced in years; (`aged' is pronounced as two syllables);
"aged members of the society"; "elderly residents could
remember the construction of the first skyscraper";
"senior citizen" [syn: aged, elderly, older]
n 1: an undergraduate student during the year preceding
2: a person who is older than you are [syn: elder]