1. One who travels; one who has traveled much.
2. A commercial agent who travels for the purpose of receiving orders for merchants, making collections, etc.
3. Mach. A traveling crane. See under Crane.
4. Spinning The metal loop which travels around the ring surrounding the bobbin, in a ring spinner.
5. Naut. An iron encircling a rope, bar, spar, or the like, and sliding thereon.
Traveler's joy Bot., the Clematis vitalba, a climbing plant with white flowers.
Traveler's tree. Bot. See Ravenala.
n : vigorous deciduous climber of Europe to Afghanistan and
Lebanon having panicles of fragrant green-white flowers
in summer and autumn [syn: traveller's joy, old man's
beard, Clematis vitalba]