1. Law One who manages another's affairs, either generally or in a special matter; an agent; a proctor.
2. Rom. Antiq. A governor of a province under the emperors; also, one who had charge of the imperial revenues in a province; as, the procurator of Judea.
Procurator fiscal Scots Law, public prosecutor, or district attorney.
1. The income of a prince or a state; revenue; exchequer. [Obs.]
2. A treasurer.
3. A public officer in Scotland who prosecutes in petty criminal cases; -- called also procurator fiscal.
4. The solicitor in Spain and Portugal; the attorney-general.