1. The number of ten hundred; a collection or sum consisting of ten times one hundred units or objects.
2. Hence, indefinitely, a great number.
A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand. --Ps. xci. 7.
Note: ☞ The word thousand often takes a plural form. See the Note under Hundred.
3. A symbol representing one thousand units; as, 1,000, M or CI
1. Consisting of ten hundred; being ten times one hundred.
2. Hence, consisting of a great number indefinitely. “Perplexed with a thousand cares.”
adj : denoting a quantity consisting of 1,000 items or units [syn:
a thousand, one thousand, 1000, m, k]
n : the cardinal number that is the product of 10 and 100 [syn:
one thousand, 1000, M, K, chiliad, G, grand,