an·chor·age /ˈæŋk(ə)rɪʤ/ 名詞
1. The act of anchoring, or the condition of lying at anchor.
2. A place suitable for anchoring or where ships anchor; a hold for an anchor.
3. The set of anchors belonging to a ship.
4. Something which holds like an anchor; a hold; as, the anchorages of the Brooklyn Bridge.
5. Something on which one may depend for security; ground of trust.
6. A toll for anchoring; anchorage duties.
An·cho·rage n. Abode of an anchoret.
n 1: a fee for anchoring
2: a city in south central Alaska; "Anchorage is the largest
city in Alaska"
3: place for vessels to anchor [syn: anchorage ground]
4: the act of anchoring