1. Not believing; not giving credit.
Be not faithless, but believing. --John xx. 27.
2. Not believing on God or religion; specifically, not believing in the Christian religion.
3. Not observant of promises or covenants.
4. Not true to allegiance, duty, or vows; perfidious; trecherous; disloyal; not of true fidelity; inconstant, as a husband or a wife.
A most unnatural and faithless service. --Shak.
5. Serving to disappoint or deceive; delusive; unsatisfying. “Yonder faithless phantom.”
-- Faith*less*ly, adv.Faith*less*ness, n.
adj : deliberately and abominably disloyal or likely to betray
trust or confidence; "the faithless Benedict Arnold";
"a lying traitorous insurrectionist" [syn: traitorous,