1. With the head foremost; headforemost; head first; as, to fall headlong.
2. Rashly; precipitately; without deliberation.
3. Hastily; without delay or respite.
1. Rash; precipitate; as, headlong folly.
2. Steep; precipitous. [Poetic]
Like a tower upon a headlong rock. --Byron.
adj 1: excessively quick; "made a hasty exit"; "a headlong rush to
sell" [syn: hasty]
2: with the head foremost; "a headfirst plunge down the
stairs"; "a headlong dive into the pool" [syn: headfirst]
adv 1: with the head foremost; "the runner slid headlong into third
base" [syn: headfirst]
2: at breakneck speed; "burst headlong through the gate" [syn:
3: in a hasty and foolhardy manner; "he fell headlong in love
with his cousin" [syn: rashly]