1. A flat fold; a doubling, as of cloth; a pleat; as, a box plait.
The plaits and foldings of the drapery. --Addison.
2. A braid, as of hair or straw; a plat.
Polish plait. Med. Same as Plica.
1. Med. A disease of the hair (Plica polonica), in which it becomes twisted and matted together. The disease is of Polish origin, and is hence called also Polish plait.
2. Bot. A diseased state in plants in which there is an excessive development of small entangled twigs, instead of ordinary branches.
3. Zool. The bend of the wing of a bird.