1. Noticing with attention; hence, careful; wary; considerate. [Obs.]
If you look upon the church of England with a respective eye, you can not . . . refuse this charge. --A░p. Sandys.
2. Looking towardl having reference to; relative, not absolute; as, the respective connections of society.
3. Relating to particular persons or things, each to each; particular; own; as, they returned to their respective places of abode.
4. Fitted to awaken respect. [Obs.]
5. Rendering respect; respectful; regardful. [Obs.]
With respective shame, rose, took us by the hands. --Chapman.
With thy equals familiar, yet respective. --Lord Burleigh.
adj : considered individually; "the respective club members";
"specialists in their several fields"; "the various
reports all agreed" [syn: respective(a), several(a),