1. Of a reddish brown color, or (by some called) a red gray; of the color composed of blue, red, and yellow in equal strength, but unequal proportions, namely, two parts of red to one each of blue and yellow; also, of a yellowish brown color.
The morn, in russet mantle clad. --Shak.
Our summer such a russet livery wears. --Dryden.
2. Coarse; homespun; rustic. [R.]
1. A russet color; a pigment of a russet color.
2. Cloth or clothing of a russet color.
3. A country dress; -- so called because often of a russet color.
4. An apple, or a pear, of a russet color; as, the English russet, and the Roxbury russet.
adj : brown with a reddish tinge
n : a reddish brown homespun fabric