1. One who strings; one who makes or provides strings, especially for bows.
Be content to put your trust in honest stringers. --Ascham.
2. A libertine; a wencher. [Obs.]
3. Railroad A longitudinal sleeper.
4. Shipbuilding A streak of planking carried round the inside of a vessel on the under side of the beams.
5. Carp. A long horizontal timber to connect uprights in a frame, or to support a floor or the like.
n 1: a member of a squad on a team; "a first stringer"; "a second
2: a worker who strings; "a stringer of beads"
3: brace consisting of a longitudinal member to strengthen a
fuselage or hull
4: a long horizontal timber to connect uprights