dis·tri·bu·tion /ˌdɪstrəˈbjuʃən/ 名詞
1. The act of distributing or dispensing; the act of dividing or apportioning among several or many; apportionment; as, the distribution of an estate among heirs or children.
The phenomena of geological distribution are exactly analogous to those of geography. --A. R. Wallace.
2. Separation into parts or classes; arrangement of anything into parts; disposition; classification.
3. That which is distributed. “Our charitable distributions.”
4. Logic A resolving a whole into its parts.
5. Print. The sorting of types and placing them in their proper boxes in the cases.
6. Steam Engine The steps or operations by which steam is supplied to and withdrawn from the cylinder at each stroke of the piston; viz., admission, suppression or cutting off, release or exhaust, and compression of exhaust steam prior to the next admission.
Geographical distribution, the natural arrangements of animals and plants in particular regions or districts.
Syn: -- Apportionments; allotment; dispensation; disposal; dispersion; classification; arrangement.
n 1: (statistics) an arrangement of values of a variable showing
their observed or theoretical frequency of occurrence
[syn: statistical distribution]
2: the spatial property of being scattered about over an area
or volume [syn: dispersion] [ant: concentration]
3: the act of distributing or spreading or apportioning
4: the commercial activity of transporting and selling goods
from a producer to a consumer