Fund, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Funded; p. pr. & vb. n. Funding.]
1. To provide and appropriate a fund or permanent revenue for the payment of the interest of; to make permanent provision of resources (as by a pledge of revenue from customs) for discharging the interest of or principal of; as, to fund government notes.
2. To place in a fund, as money.
3. To put into the form of bonds or stocks bearing regular interest; as, to fund the floating debt.
1. Existing in the form of bonds bearing regular interest; as, funded debt.
2. Invested in public funds; as, funded money.
adj : furnished with funds; "well-funded research" [ant: unfunded]