1. The act of repeating; a doing or saying again; iteration.
I need not be barren of accusations; he hath faults, with surplus to tire in repetition. --Shak.
2. Recital from memory; rehearsal.
3. Mus. The act of repeating, singing, or playing, the same piece or part a second time; reiteration of a note.
4. Rhet. Reiteration, or repeating the same word, or the same sense in different words, for the purpose of making a deeper impression on the audience.
5. Astron. & Surv. The measurement of an angle by successive observations with a repeating instrument.
Syn: -- Iteration; rehearsal. See Tautology.
n 1: an event that repeats; "the events today were a repeat of
yesterday's" [syn: repeat]
2: the act of doing or performing again [syn: repeating]
3: the repeated use of the same word or word pattern as a