sixth /ˈsɪks(t)θ, ˈsɪks(t)/
1. First after the fifth; next in order after the fifth.
2. Constituting or being one of six equal parts into which anything is divided.
1. The quotient of a unit divided by six; one of six equal parts which form a whole.
2. The next in order after the fifth.
3. Mus. The interval embracing six diatonic degrees of the scale.
adj : coming next after the fifth and just before the seventh in
position [syn: 6th]
n 1: position six in a countable series of things
2: a sixth part [syn: one-sixth]
3: the musical interval between one note and another six notes
away from it