sev·enth /ˈsɛvən(t)θ, ˈsɛbṃ(t)θ/
1. Next in order after the sixth;; coming after six others.
On the seventh day, God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made. --Gen. ii. 2.
2. Constituting or being one of seven equal parts into which anything is divided; as, the seventh part.
Seventh day, the seventh day of the week; Saturday.
Seventh-day Baptists. See under Baptist.
1. One next in order after the sixth; one coming after six others.
2. The quotient of a unit divided by seven; one of seven equal parts into which anything is divided.
3. Mus. (a) An interval embracing seven diatonic degrees of the scale. (b) A chord which includes the interval of a seventh whether major, minor, or diminished.
adj : coming next after the sixth and just before the eighth in
position [syn: 7th]
n 1: position seven in a countable series of things
2: a seventh part [syn: one-seventh]
3: the musical interval between one note and another seven
notes away from it