1. The quality or state of being flat.
2. Eveness of surface; want of relief or prominence; the state of being plane or level.
3. Want of vivacity or spirit; prostration; dejection; depression.
4. Want of variety or flavor; dullness; insipidity.
5. Depression of tone; the state of being below the true pitch; -- opposed to sharpness or acuteness.
n 1: the property of having two dimensions [syn: two-dimensionality,
2: the property of having little or no contrast; lacking
highlights or gloss [syn: lusterlessness, lustrelessness,
mat, matt, matte]