1. Individually; particularly; severally; as, to make men singly and personally good.
2. Only; by one's self; alone.
Look thee, 't is so! Thou singly honest man. --Shak.
3. Without partners, companions, or associates; single-handed; as, to attack another singly.
At omber singly to decide their doom. --Pope.
4. Honestly; sincerely; simply. [R.]
5. Singularly; peculiarly. [Obs.]
adv 1: one by one; one at a time; "they were arranged singly" [ant:
2: apart from others; "taken individually, the rooms were, in
fact, square"; "the fine points are treated singly" [syn:
individually, separately, severally, one by one, on
an individual basis]