1. One who, or that which, strikes; specifically, a blacksmith's helper who wields the sledge.
2. A harpoon; also, a harpooner.
Wherever we come to an anchor, we always send out our strikers, and put out hooks and lines overboard, to try fish. --Dampier.
3. A wencher; a lewd man. [Obs.]
4. A workman who is on a strike.
5. A blackmailer in politics; also, one whose political influence can be bought. [Political Cant]
n 1: a forward on a soccer team
2: someone receiving intensive training for a naval technical
3: an employee on strike against an employer
4: someone who hits; "a hard hitter"; "a fine striker of the
ball"; "blacksmiths are good hitters" [syn: hitter]
5: the part of a mechanical device that strikes something