1. One who conducts the business of banking; one who, individually, or as a member of a company, keeps an establishment for the deposit or loan of money, or for traffic in money, bills of exchange, etc.
2. A money changer. [Obs.]
3. The dealer, or one who keeps the bank in a gambling house.
4. A vessel employed in the cod fishery on the banks of Newfoundland.
5. A ditcher; a drain digger. [Prov. Eng.]
6. The stone bench on which masons cut or square their work.
n 1: someone who owns or is an executive in a bank
2: the person in charge of the bank in a gambling game