drain·age /ˈdrenɪʤ/ 名詞
1. A draining; a gradual flowing off of any liquid; also, that which flows out of a drain.
2. The mode in which the waters of a country pass off by its streams and rivers.
3. Engin. The system of drains and their operation, by which superfluous water is removed from towns, railway beds, mines, and other works.
4. Area or district drained; as, the drainage of the Po, the Thames, etc.
5. Surg. The act, process, or means of drawing off the pus or fluids from a wound, abscess, etc.
Drainage tube Surg., a tube introduced into a wound, etc., to draw off the discharges.
n : emptying accomplished by draining [syn: drain]