查核 評論 覆查
Re·view v. t. [imp. & p. p. Reviewed p. pr. & vb. n. Reveiwing.]
1. To view or see again; to look back on. [R.] “I shall review Sicilia.”
2. To go over and examine critically or deliberately. Specifically: (a) To reconsider; to revise, as a manuscript before printing it, or a book for a new edition. (b) To go over with critical examination, in order to discover exellences or defects; hence, to write a critical notice of; as, to review a new novel. (c) To make a formal or official examination of the state of, as troops, and the like; as, to review a regiment. (d) Law To reexamine judically; as, a higher court may review the proceedings and judgments of a lower one.
3. To retrace; to go over again.
Shall I the long, laborious scene review? --Pope.
Re·view, v. i. To look back; to make a review.
1. A second or repeated view; a reexamination; a retrospective survey; a looking over again; as, a review of one's studies; a review of life.
2. An examination with a view to amendment or improvement; revision; as, an author's review of his works.
3. A critical examination of a publication, with remarks; a criticism; a critique.
4. A periodical containing critical essays upon matters of interest, as new productions in literature, art, etc.
5. An inspection, as of troops under arms or of a naval force, by a high officer, for the purpose of ascertaining the state of discipline, equipments, etc.
6. Law The judicial examination of the proceedings of a lower court by a higher.
7. A lesson studied or recited for a second time.
Bill of review Equity, a bill, in the nature of proceedings in error, filed to procure an examination and alteration or reversal of a final decree which has been duly signed and enrolled. --Wharton.
Commission of review Eng. Eccl. Law, a commission formerly granted by the crown to revise the sentence of the court of delegates.
Syn: -- Reexamination; resurvey; retrospect; survey; reconsideration; revisal; revise; revision.
n 1: a new appraisal or evaluation [syn: reappraisal, revaluation,
2: an essay or article that gives a critical evaluation (as of
a book or play) [syn: critique, critical review, review
3: a subsequent examination of a patient for the purpose of
monitoring earlier treatment [syn: follow-up, followup,
4: (accounting) a service (less exhaustive than an audit) that
provides some assurance to interested parties as to the
reliability of financial data [syn: limited review]
5: a variety show with topical sketches and songs and dancing
and comedians [syn: revue]
6: a periodical that publishes critical essays on current
affairs or literature or art
7: a summary at the end that repeats the substance of a longer
discussion [syn: recapitulation, recap]
8: (law) a judicial reexamination of the proceedings of a court
(especially by an appellate court)
9: practice intended to polish performance or refresh the
memory [syn: brushup]
10: a formal or official examination; "the platoon stood ready
for review"; "we had to wait for the inspection before we
could use the elevator" [syn: inspection]
v 1: look at again; examine again; "let's review your situation"
2: appraise critically; "She reviews books for the New York
Times"; "Please critique this performance" [syn: critique]
3: hold a review (of troops) [syn: go over, survey]
4: refresh one's memory; "I reviewed the material before the
test" [syn: brush up, refresh]
5: look back upon (a period of time, sequence of events, etc.);
remember; "she reviewed her achievements with pride" [syn:
look back, retrospect]