墊圈; 補墊; 墊片
1. One who, or that which, washes.
2. A ring of metal, leather, or other material, or a perforated plate, used for various purposes, as around a bolt or screw to form a seat for the head or nut, or around a wagon axle to prevent endwise motion of the hub of the wheel and relieve friction, or in a joint to form a packing, etc.
3. Plumbing A fitting, usually having a plug, applied to a cistern, tub, sink, or the like, and forming the outlet opening.
4. Zool. The common raccoon.
5. Zool. Same as Washerwoman, 2. [Prov. Eng.]
n 1: someone who washes things for a living
2: seal consisting of a flat disk placed to prevent leakage
3: a home appliance for washing clothes and linens
automatically [syn: automatic washer, washing machine]