轂,木片,中心; 中繼站,(在FIDONEET中,它負責為NODELIST 、FIDONEWS及NET MAIL進行傳送)
hub /ˈhəb/ 名詞
孔 集線器 插座
1. The central part, usually cylindrical, of a wheel; the nave. See Illust. of Axle box.
2. The hilt of a weapon.
3. A rough protuberance or projecting obstruction; as, a hub in the road. [U.S.] See Hubby.
4. A goal or mark at which quoits, etc., are cast.
5. Diesinking A hardened, engraved steel punch for impressing a device upon a die, used in coining, etc.
6. A screw hob. See Hob, 3.
7. A block for scotching a wheel.
Hub plank Highway Bridges, a horizontal guard plank along a truss at the height of a wagon-wheel hub.
Up to the hub, as far as possible in embarrassment or difficulty, or in business, like a wheel sunk in mire; deeply involved. [Colloq.]
n 1: the central part of a car wheel (or fan or propeller etc)
through which the shaft or axle passes
2: a center of activity or interest or commerce or
transportation; a focal point around which events revolve;
"the playground is the hub of parental supervision"; "the
airport is the economic hub of the area"