en·list /ɪnˈlɪst, ɛn-/
En·list v. t. [imp. & p. p. Enlisted; p. pr. & vb. n. Enlisting.]
1. To enter on a list; to enroll; to register.
2. To engage for military or naval service, the name being entered on a list or register; as, to enlist men.
3. To secure the support and aid of; to employ in advancing interest; as, to enlist persons in the cause of truth, or in a charitable enterprise.
En·list, v. i.
1. To enroll and bind one's self for military or naval service; as, he enlisted in the regular army; the men enlisted for the war.
2. To enter heartily into a cause, as if enrolled.
v 1: join the military
2: as of aid, help, services, or support [syn: engage]
3: engage somebody to enter the army [syn: draft, muster in]